Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Review of Muscardini Cellars, 2007 Sangiovese, Monte Terra Vineyards, Sonoma Valley, Sonoma County

“More Than Just a Safe Sangio’”

Rich nose, a cultured and bright aroma, blanket of notes. On the mid-palate and throughout the feel we have focused fruit and controlled tannins. I love Sangiovese, in general, its character and presence, delivery. Bottles such as this magical Muscardini masterpiece, a flawless handling of a classic Italian varietal, further cement my affinity. Cherry, raspberry, other bright red fruit, a set of cinnamon stripes that give each attribute a shine that makes each sip more lively and gripping.
This bottle does more than just satisfy the fundamental mandates and requirements of a Sangiovese, it’s a risk taker, and I say that with hardy admiration and praise. It’s a bold character, beautifully boastful, a tenor on stage, one whose chords and proceeding melodies keep you in your seat. I’ll stay seated, thank you, sipping. Maybe this is just what I need to finish editing my book...

No comments:

Post a Comment