Thursday, July 28, 2011

Excerpt from 2nite's Sitting


...As my brother Steve tonight me told: “..sipNscribble, that’s what we do...” He’s right.  Can’t let these devils quake my state.  Writers always wine.  I won’t be muffled, ever.  So many warn me, even ones close to the author, characters I cherish more than any existential additive I could here cite, “Mike, you need to watch how you write, I can tell you’re mad...” Understood.  Respected, and quite appreciated, such offerings.  But, at my aged age, I have to speak.  As if I don’t now, I will never.  I’m not concerned with Newton’s Law in Wine’s world, as its industry doesn’t influence me.  I plan on saying what I wish, criticizing elements of my “industry” as I anatomize.  What could the worst consequence set be for this inkman?  What can THEY do to me?  2nite’s session, a beacon sitting.  This page, my kissed sage.  Someone recently asked me, am I at war with the wine industry?  No.  I’m in wine’s “industry.” I’m saying, quite forwardly, that we shouldn’t have to be quite, or cautious.  Especially those of us with pens...

No comments:

Post a Comment